- I can assign a value (integer, Boolean, etc.) to a variable.
- I can print the value of a variable using the
- I can add single- and multi-line comments to Python code.
- I can perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, exponentiation) using Python.
- I can find the value of an integer modulo another integer in Python.
- I can print a formatted string and use escape characters and the
%operator in Python.
- I can access a single character in a string in Python using the character's index.
- I can use various string methods.
- I can concatenate two strings.
- I can convert a non-string into a string using the
- I can use comparators to compare the values of two objects.
- I can use Boolean operators (
not) to combine Boolean values and variables.
- I can construct an
if-elif-elseblock to execute commands based on the truth values of a variable.
- I can set up the basic outline for a Python function.
- I can write a Python function using one or more arguments that either prints or
- I can import a module and use a function or method from that module.
- I can use built-in Python functions such as
- I can enter a list and assign it to a variable.
- I can access an individual element of a list by its index.
- I can find the length of a list using the
- I can access a sublist of a list using slicing techniques.
- I can use list methods such as
appendto access and modify lists.
- I can use a
forloop to iterate over a list and perform an operation.
- I can enter a dictionary and assign it to a variable.
- I can identify the keys of a dictionary and the values associated with a key.
- I can add new keys and values to an existing dictionary.
- I can use dictionary methods such as
removeto access and modify dictionaries.
- I can use the
rangefunction to generate a basic list of integers.
- I can concatenate two lists using the
- I can set up a
whileloop to iterate a computation until a condition is met.
- I can set up a
forloop to iterate a computation over a list and over the keys of a dictionary.
- I can construct a list using a list comprehension.
- I can use lambda expressions to filter items out of a list.